Today marks the start of our blogging “Pay It Forward” Campaign. Good deeds is what Pay It Forward is all about. You do a good deed for someone, just because. You ask for nothing in return, you just do something nice for someone today and make their day special. It’s the little things in life that matter the most.
I am working with my good friend Bacon over at Pig Love to get our Pay It Forward campaign off and running. We are firm believers that by doing good deeds for someone is what this world needs more of. You know the saying “treat others the way you would like to be treated”. Let’s put that into action! If you are joining in with us on our Pay It Forward Campaign, just copy the graphic above and add it to your blogs sidebar and redirect it back to this post! We want to get as many bloggers as possible to join in with us & Pay It Forward!
On the first Wednesday of every month, Nikitaland and Pig Love will be hosting a Pay It Forward Campaign. You have an entire month to Pay It Forward by doing good deeds for someone. Then, in a month, on February 4, 2015, we will meet back here to discuss what we have done to touch someones life.
I also looked up the Pay It Forward Foundation information, and found that they are selling Pay It Forward Bracelets on their site for 50 cents each. If you would like to purchase a bracelet so that it can be a reminder for you every day to do a good deed, then click here to purchase one!
Paying It Forward is really simple. You do something for someone out of the blue, not asking for anything in return just because you can. It’s the little things in life that matter the most! Paying It Forward, doing good deeds can also be contagious, because you do something nice for someone, then it makes them happy, and in return, they do a good deed for someone else, and so on! Let’s make 2015 a great year and change the world – it’s your wake up call, will you answer the call?
Here are a few examples of Paying It Forward to help you get started:
- Shovel someones driveway (it’s snowing here, so it’s the perfect time to do this for someone)
- Bring up your neighbors garbage cans
- Help someone carry their groceries to their car, or even bring their shopping cart back up to the store
- Buy a coffee for the person behind you in line
- If you see someone who is homeless, bring them warm socks, gloves, a blanket, a great big hot chocolate, or anything to keep them warm
- Make a donation
- Cook dinner for someone in need
- Pay for the persons meal behind you in the drive thru
- Help someone with their landscaping projects
- The list is endless on what you can do, just do something & make someones day special!
What will you do today to make someones day special? Pay It Forward…the power of change can make a huge difference in the world today!