It is that time of year again, as we have started our annual drive to collect donations for the APL for their 2012 Pledge For Pets Radiothon, Doggie Dollars & Kitty Kash. Your donations go directly to the APL through First Giving, and our part in this process is that we are Q-Cash Captains and assist the Pledge For Pets Radiothon collect donations for the APL. Here is the link to Donate today: http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/themesnthings/2012-doggy-dollars-kitty-kash
We did this last year for the first time, and we wanted to get involved again this year and do our part in this much needed cause. We have setup a goal to collect $1,000, and we truly feel we can reach our goal, but we need your help to do so. Without the APL, Nikita might not have made it, as she came from a litter of seven and after her dog Mom gave birth, she was poisoned with anti-freeze and died. Her puppies were in danger of dying, so the APL rescued them and fed them around the clock as they fought for their life. The puppies got a foster Mom (thanks Brea!) from the APL who nursed all the puppies and gave them what they needed to get strong, and finally they all got adopted. We adopted Nikita when she was two months old, and gave her a second chance at life and love in a good home. The APL has a special place in our heart because of this and all that they do, because without their love and care for animals & your donations, we would have never got the wonderful dog we have today.
Have you ever watched those TV commercials of the sad and in much need of help animals that while watching the commercial it tugged at your heart, or you cried? We see them all the time, and every time, we do cry as it is so sad that people can be so cruel to an animal. That is why the APL needs your assistance, as your donations can help all of these animals in need.
How You Can Help Collect Donations at Work
- Ask your employer for a donation from your company
- Hold a bake sale at the office – Ask everyone to bring in homemade goodies, then sell them and the donations then go to the APL (how much do you think a cupcake should be?)
- Have employees PAY to dress down or wear jeans on a certain day! I am sure they would pay anything to do this!
- Hold a competition between employees to see WHO can collect the most money for the APL
How You Can Personally Help Collect Donations
- FORWARD the donations link to EVERYONE you know, friends, family, and co-workers, ask your favorite teller at your bank to donate too
- If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, please post the donations link and ask others for help in making a donation (any donation amount will help no matter the denomination, it all adds up)
- Printout our APL Pledge For Pets donation sheet and pass them out to everyone you come in contact with. Here is the PDF to print & cutout: 2012 Pledge For Pets Flyer
About the APL
The APL appreciates your generous donation to their Pledge For Pets Radiothon which has made a direct impact on the life-saving work they do. Each year nearly 17,000 animals come through their doors. The needs of these animals are many – from emergency care for animals that are victims of abuse and neglect to vaccinations and nutritious food and loving care for those waiting to find their “forever home”. By making a donation, you have joined a caring group of individuals who believe in the mission of the APL. Your generosity will help to ensure that the APL will be here for every animal in need. www.clevelandapl.org
We appreciate your donation & help in getting the word out, as I am living proof that without the APL’s help, I would have never been able to find my “Forever Home” and a second chance at life and love and a great Daddy & Mommy. Donate today and help other animals get their second chance too!