Cleveland, Ohio, September 3, 2013
It’s all over the news this morning, that rapist & kidnapper, Ariel Castro, committed suicide last night in his prison cell. He apparently hung himself with his bed sheets. Here is the link to the news article: CASTRO
Here’s a bit of the timeline I kept track of:
- May 6, 2013 – Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus, & Michelle Knight were found alive after more than ten years in captivity, Ariel Castro was arrested
- May 9, 2013 – Ariel Castro appeared in court with an $8 MIL bond
- August 1, 2013 – Ariel Castro’s sentencing hearing, sentenced to life in prison without parole + 1,000 years
- August 7, 2013 – Ariel Castro’s house on Seymour Avenue in Cleveland, OH was torn down
- September 3, 2013 – Ariel Castro committed suicide in prison with his own bed sheets
Hearing this today in the news has brought up so many thoughts. The first thought was that he held these girls, now women, for more than ten years in captivity in his home. That’s approximately 3,650 days. Castro has been in jail since May 9th, approximately 120 days. What’s ironic is that he could not take it any longer after only approximately 120 days in captivity, and he took his own life, while these women had to endure the amount of time they did in Castro’s hell in his home.
He took so much away from these women, and also Amanda Berry’s child Joslyn, whom Castro was confirmed to be the father. He took away their childhood, their families whom loved them, their friends, their life, their freedom.
Judgement Day surely came for Castro last night. The Monster is dead.