We all know how expensive household cleaners can be, and while Mommy was doing some research on how to use regular items in the home to do some Spring cleaning, she ran across this site for 1001 Uses for White Distilled Vinegar. You need to check it out! You’ll thank me for sharing this!
Some of our favorites from this list include:
- Ants – Stop ants by pouring white distilled vinegar on the area
- Brass & Copper – Polish brass & copper with a mixture of 2 tablespoons of ketchup and 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar, rub it on with a clean cloth until dry and shiny
- Fruit Flies – Get rid of fruit flies by setting out a small dish of distilled white vinegar
- Grout – Clean grout by letting full strength white distilled vinegar sit on it for a few minutes and scrubbing it
- Pets – Give your dog a gleaming coat by spraying with a solution of 1 cup white distilled vinegar to 1 quart water. Don’t spray in face!
- Rabbits in Garden – To keep rabbits from eating your plants, put a cotton ball soaked in white distilled vinegar in a 35mm film container, poke a hole in the top and place in the garden
- Fresh Cut Flowers – To preserve fresh cut flowers or even droopy ones, add 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar and 1 teaspoon sugar to a quart of water in a vase
Check out the rest of the list too! Vinegar is just not for making Easter eggs!