We had the best treat night ever this year! We got so many rave reviews from all the parents and the kids absolutely loved all of our decorations. We were so pleased to hear all of the rave reviews and a lot of the parents even told us that we had the best Halloween decorations in the neighborhood! WOW, that made us happy as we worked really hard at setting everything up this year. We even had some parents tell us that they noticed that we added a lot more props this year and that they enjoy coming back to see us every year. That makes us really happy! Click here to see our video of our front yard. We used a Gemmy Halloween Light Show & Timer to play the music and all of the yard props with lights danced to the music.
- Jason Voorhees animatronic prop
- Freddy Krueger animatronic prop
- Ripping Reaper of Souls animatronic prop
- 2 Lighted Willow Trees (150 Lights per tree)
- 2 Lighted Slender LED Ghosts (150 LED Lights per Ghost)
- 11 Handmade Wood Tombstones
- 8 Styrofoam Tombstones
- 18 Extension Cords
- 12 Flood Lights
- 3 Strobe Lights
- 2 Fog Machines
- 1 Coldfusion Low-Lying Fog Maker (we ran 1 fog machine through the Coldfusion machine which was filled with ice, the fog gets chilled and then shoots out the top, and the fog lays low in the grass and creeps along the ground)
- 2 Shady Spiders WOW Window Posters
- 1 Green Monster WOW Window Poster
- 1 63″ Standing Ghoul
- Dapper Death Prop
- The Count Prop
- Spewing Corpse Fog Machine Accessory Prop (this guy spewed fog on the kids when they entered through the cemetery gateway)
- 5′ RIP Coffin
- Lighted Moving Spider with purple lights
- 2 Color Changing Skeleton Lanterns
- 1 Black Crow
- LED Lighted Cemetery Gateway & Columns (made out of BOXES then spray painted with Krylon Make it Stone spray paint)
- 2 Carved Pumpkins (One was the home grown one Daddy grew in the backyard)
- 9 Skulls & Groundbreakers
- Gemmy Halloween Lightshow & Timer with Speaker
- We had such a fun time pulling off a great treat night as Daddy & Mommy worked like a well-oiled machine together, and it took many hours to prepare for only two hours of trick-or-treating, which came and went so fast as it usually does. The one thing that we had in our favor was the weather. It had rained a little before trick-or-treating time, but that didn’t dampen our spirits, as we kept working feverishly to get everything outside and set up in time. Even our UPS driver, Sanford, stopped by to take a look at all of our decorations and got a photo taken with Daddy.
With all the time involved to plan everything out for our home haunt, the time involved making our wood tombstones and our cemetery sign, we can’t believe it is all over. Well, as we would say, there’s 363 days until Halloween and we can’t wait to see what we come up with for next year as it is always an adventure for us!
Don’t forget to watch our video!